Thank you for your patience whilst the club has remained closed to prevent the spread of Coronavirus. You will be aware that the Government has issued updated guidance on public spaces, outdoor activity, and exercise. The ECB has reviewed this and published its own guidance to cricket clubs on 5th June.
The ECB has reminded clubs that all competitive recreational cricket remains suspended until further notice. However it was agreed that clubs could start training in small groups of up to 6.
The Club Committee met by video-conference yesterday to carefully consider the Government guidelines, the 11-page ECB guidance, the safety of our members, and the safety of our volunteers who help to run the club. Taking all of this into account, the Club has taken the decision to open the cricket nets for small groups of adult members at agreed supervised times.
At this stage the committee, in discussion with the colts coaches, felt that it is too early for junior net sessions and this will be reviewed again in three weeks.
See below for further information on 2020 subscriptions and the Adult Net booking process
In recognition of the impact of the virus on Pinner CC, the committee has agreed a '2020 Covid Sub' for all members, adults and juniors. This has been set at £70 and will aim to cover the cost of the indoor nets, refurbishment of the outdoor nets and other costs that the club will continue to incur. There will be no discounts applied to this rate. Where annual subs have already been paid, £70 will be deducted and any balance will be carried forward and offset against their 2021 subscription. This applies to adult and junior memberships.
Details of the booking process is below:
· We will be allowing use of one cricket net starting Saturday 13th June
· Booking slots will be available for a duration of 50 minutes at 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm on Saturday's and 5pm, 6pm, 7pm on Wednesday's
· Each session will be a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 6 members, who must all be over the age of 16
· Non-members are not permitted to use the facilities under any circumstances.
· Booking slots must be made directly through Dan Langan only (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Your booking is only confirmed upon receiving a message confirming the details of your session
· Every session will be supervised by a club committee member who will count towards 6 people if participating. If no committee member is available the session will be cancelled
· Names of all players must be communicated upon booking
· No more than 1 booking per person per week
· Free spaces or additional sessions will be communicated where available
· Social distancing must maintained at all times
· Only those participating in the club booked session can attend. Any spectators will be asked to move on by the designated committee member
· Each member must use their own equipment, no balls will be provided
· The clubhouse including changing room and toilets will remain closed
· No saliva or sweat should come into contact with the ball at any time.
· Wash hands at home before and after using the outdoor facilities.
· Bring your own hand sanitizer where possible.
· Prior to arriving for your booking please ensure you check for symptoms of COVID-19. In line with current Government guidance if you are symptomatic, living in a household with a possible COVID-19 infection you should remain at home and follow Government guidance.
· The committee will not tolerate any deviation from the above and any breach will result in discipline action as per our disciplinary policy
If you have any questions around the booking process please do get in touch with a committee member. We look forward to as many of you as possible taking the club up on these sessions as we make small steps towards cricket in 2020.